Patient & Staff Safety
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and we have always gone above the recommendations and requirements of the American Dental Association (ADA), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Washington State Dept. of Health (WISHA). For example we have had a waterline disinfection protocol in place 10 years prior to it being a CDC requirement.
In light of the current COVID-19 situation we will be implementing additional screening and infection control protocols to meet and exceed CDC, ADA and WISHA recommendations and requirements. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions via an online form on our website or over the phone. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are at the office.
- We ask that you wear a mask to our office for your appointment.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- We will be checking temperatures of all staff, patients and guests prior to entering the office.
- Please distance yourself from other patients in the waiting room.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We will be suspending our coffee, tea and beverage service for the time being as well.
- We ask if you bring a driver with you for your appointment that they wait in their car to limit number of people in our office.
- We have added a secure Online Payment option for paying your bill. You will find it under the 'About Us' page on our website.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- Following CDC guidelines for additional PPE (higher level face masks, face shields, barrier gowns for all procedures and more) and following ADA guidelines to bill for these increased PPE costs with a separate fee per visit.
We have invested in new technologies to help sanitize the office as well.
- Medical Grade high-efficiency H13 TRUE HEPA filter air scrubbers that are tested to remove 99.97% of particles down to 0.1 microns. These units completely clean the air in each operatory 4-6 times per hour.
- High Volume Suction in all operatories.
- Operatories, Restrooms and waiting room are fogged with hypochlorous acid (HOCl), between patients, and periodically throughout the day.
- UVC Light Sterilizers are used to sterilize various items.
- Sneeze guards are placed on the front office desks to protect our staff from an unexpected sneeze.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.