Patient & Staff Safety
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and we have always gone above the recommendations and requirements of the American Dental Association (ADA), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Washington State Dept. of Health (WISHA). For example we have had a waterline disinfection protocol in place 10 years prior to it being a CDC requirement.
In light of the COVID-19 experience we have implemented additional infection control protocols to meet and exceed CDC, ADA and WISHA recommendations and requirements. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- If you are feeling sick or experiencing any possible symptoms of Covid-19 please call our office prior to your appointment.
- You are welcome to wear a mask to our office although it is not required, of course for treatment you will need to remove any mask.
- We have hand sanitizer available throughout the office.
- We have added a secure Online Payment option for paying your bill. You will find it under the 'About Us' page on our website.
We have invested in new technologies to help sanitize the office as well.
- Medical Grade high-efficiency H13 TRUE HEPA filter air scrubbers that are tested to remove 99.97% of particles down to 0.1 microns. These units completely clean the air in each operatory 4-6 times per hour.
- High Volume Suction in all operatories.
- Operatories, Restrooms and waiting room are fogged with hypochlorous acid (HOCl), between patients, and periodically throughout the day.
- UVC Light Sterilizers are used to sterilize various items.
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.